5300 Tomken Road
Mississauga, ON, L4W 1P2
Supremex Inc. is looking for people who are passionate and mechanically inclined to join our team of Adjusters. Our fleet of 200+ paper converting machines don’t run by themselves!
This role is ideal to learn about the paper converting business at a great company.
You will be working on a variety of Machines, ensuring they are set up and running at peak performance and from time to time will have to perform routine maintenance: replace gears, rollers, change grease fittings, etc.
Specific Responsibilities include, but no limited to:
• Set up and run an envelope machine for maximum efficiency and produce to quality.
• Adjust the machine for optimum product quality and machine speed.
• Work with Flexographic printing.
• Inspect product on start-up and regularly throughout runs.
• Partner with Operators to ensure the machine starts up safely & produces good quality products
• Feed the machine with raw materials: paper, gum and ink.
• Perform routine maintenance on the machine: replace gears, drive shafts, rollers and change grease fittings.
• Must be able to use mechanical tools and read a metric-imperial ruler.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with machinery
• Mechanical Skilled Trades College Diploma or a completed Vocational Secondary School program completed (machinery- mechanics shop)
• Willing to learn and show initiative
• Strong communications: verbal/written
• Willing to work rotating shift work (every two weeks) days-afternoons-nights.
• Willing to work overtime when required.
Supremex is Canada’s largest manufacturing and marketer of a broad range of stock and custom envelopes, a growing provider of packaging and labels.
Supremex is the only national envelope manufacturer in Canada, with facilities across 7 provinces, 3 locations in the United States and employs close to 850 employees.
Supremex’s growing footprint allows it to efficiently manufacture and distribute products tailored to the specifications of major corporations, national resellers, government entitles, as well as paper merchants, statement processors and solution providers. We utilize the most extensive array of envelope folding and printing equipment in Canada and the North East United States to deliver millions of envelopes daily, on time and on specification.
We offer a competitive wage rate plus excellent group benefits, pension plan, and Employee Profit Sharing Program.
Supremex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Supremex is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Supremex will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request.