400 Humberline Drive
Toronto, ON, M9W 5T3
Business Development Representative - eCommerce Packaging
SupremeX eCommerce Packaging:
This division focuses on creating and manufacturing custom eCommerce packaging solutions for brand owners, retailers and fulfillment companies. The division is focused on creating and manufacturing solutions for the secondary packaging necessary to enable direct to consumer (DTC) shipments. Custom packaging solutions balance various customer objectives including optimized product protection, efficient fulfillment, lowered shipping costs and leveraging branding opportunities. We are currently seeking a Business Development Representative to grow with us.
The Business Development Representative will focus on developing sales of protective fulfillment packaging manufactured through our eCommerce Packaging Division. This division offers custom manufacturing of protective mailers made from paperboard, chipboard, corrugate and flexible substrates as well as die cut corrugated boxes and wraps. While the first priority for the role is selling eCommerce Packaging solutions, the representative will also be qualified to sell packaging product from our folding carton and pressure sensitive label divisions as applicable.
Specific Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Develop, nurture, track and close sales opportunities with new prospects.
• Work independently to develop a sales funnel and seek out opportunities to promote and sell the Packaging Products offering.
• Make contact with potential customers, consult with them to analyze and discover their product needs, present product solutions, prepare proposals, and manage orders and post-sale follow-ups.
• Emphasis will be on direct selling of these products to high opportunity accounts and industry verticals within Ontario and in the US North East and Mid-West States.
• Manage assigned territory of existing accounts
We are seeking a proven leader with a track record of success. Preference will be given to those with experience selling similar packaging products and solutions. The candidate must be creative, a team player, able to multi-task, has strong relationship skills, excellent interpersonal skills and is comfortable “prospecting” a majority of the time. The successful candidate will be required to develop and nurture a network of industry contacts to identify and pursue sales opportunities.
• Ideally 5+ years related sales experience in a related packaging market, (folding carton, custom corrugated packaging, commercial print)
• Business Degree or equivalent preferred
• Excellent technical skills, including understanding of custom manufacturing of paperboard packaging and folding carton manufacturing. A technical understanding of the print process is also crucial.
• Process oriented and technology savvy to develop & implement prospecting plans Strong interpersonal and face-to-face relationship building skills in a variety of account sizes.
• Excellent business communication skills, both oral & written.
• Strong presentation and persuasive negotiation skills to “close the deal”.
• Time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Intermediate computer skills required in MS Office including creation and manipulation of Excel spreadsheets including formula writing as well as creation and manipulation of compelling power point presentations.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, passionate, committed to career.
• Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle, and be willing to travel as required.
Supremex Inc. is Canada’s largest envelope manufacturer and a growing provider of packaging products. Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic employee-oriented organization creating revolutionary ways of providing exceptional service to support low-cost quality products. We are an organization defined by the passion of our team and their belief in the company growth and potential.
What we give back to you
• We are an employee-centric organization that offers a truly differentiated talent experience aimed to empower employees.
• We promote a fun, positive, dynamic, and collaborative work environment where you are encouraged to share your ideas.
• We foster a performance based culture with many career advancement opportunities.
• We offer a comprehensive compensation package beyond just base salary including, commissions and incentives, car allowance, excellent group benefits, company pension plan, and an employee profit sharing program.
• We will provide you with an opportunity to build your career and a work environment that will encourage you to be your best.
We’re always looking for people who are enthusiastic and have energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. If this opportunity sounds like the perfect place to start a career with Supremex – apply now and send your resume to email@example.com
Supremex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Supremex is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Supremex will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request.