SupremeX Envelope Mid-West
5331 North Tacoma Ave
Indianapolis, IN, 46220-3616
Business Development Representative, Packaging
SupremeX is seeking a results oriented business development professional to join our growing Packaging team in an exciting new role. The position will be based out of our Indianapolis, IN packaging “center of excellence” and will focus on developing stock and custom packaging sales primarily within the Packaging Distribution channels in the Mid-West and North-East US. The role will report to the Packaging Sales & Business Development Manager based in Toronto, Canada with a dotted line to the General Manager of the Indianapolis packaging facility.
The Business Development Representative will focus on developing sales of stock and custom packaging products manufactured through our Packaging Division. This division manufactures a comprehensive lineup of premium quality folding cartons, protective eCommerce mailers, corrugate die cut and quick setup boxes, litho laminated corrugate and digitally and flexo printed pressure sensitive labels. The representative will draw on the combined strengths and unique solutions made possible via seven unique manufacturing facilities and three design centers and will be responsible to educate Packaging customers regarding our manufacturing capabilities and solutions. The representative will use a consultative sales approach to develop stock and custom solutions that maximize value for both the customer and the company.
• Develop, nurture, track and close sales opportunities within the company’s Paper Merchant and packaging distribution customers primarily in the Mid West and North East US.
• Work independently yet collaboratively to develop a robust sales funnel and seek out opportunities to promote and sell the company’s Packaging Products offering
• Build relationships with distributor reps, and other potential customers, consult with them to analyze and discover theirs or their customer’s product needs, present value added packaging solutions, prepare proposals and manage orders and post-sale follow-ups
• Emphasis will be on selling of eCommerce Packaging, folding carton and corrugated solutions to the highest potential opportunity accounts and industry verticals which perfectly fit the company’s current manufacturing capabilities
We are seeking a proven business development sales professional with a track record of success. Preference will be given to those with experience selling similar packaging products and solutions, ideally representing a packaging manufacturer to the distribution channel. The candidate must be a creative thinker, team player, able to multi-task, have strong relationship building skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) and be comfortable “in the field” at least 80% of the time. The successful candidate will be required to develop and nurture a network of prospect and customer contacts to identify and pursue sales opportunities which fit the company’s current manufacturing capabilities.
• Ideally 5+ years of related sales experience in folding cartons or corrugate packaging sales
• Relevant experience and knowledge specifically of the eCommerce Packaging market will be given strong consideration
• University Business Degree or equivalent
• Excellent technical skills, including a thorough understanding of paperboard packaging and folding carton manufacturing or corrugated manufacturing and/or litho and flexo printing processes
• Insatiable appetite for continuous learning
• Inquisitive and curious with a penchant for asking thoughtful sales questions to uncover unique opportunities and potential solutions
• Process oriented and technology savvy individual. Familiarity with CRM software specifically Salesforce.com will be a definite asset
• Strong work ethic required to independently develop network & implement prospecting plans and create sales opportunities
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills in multi levels of accounts
• Comfortable collaborating with the “rank and file” and the “C” Suite
• Excellent business communication skills, both oral & written
• Strong presentation and persuasive negotiation skills to “close the deals”
• Time management skills with the ability to multi-task
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills required in MS Office, especially MS Excel for analysis and proposal development
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, passionate, committed to career
• Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle, and be willing to travel as required
Supremex Inc. is the third largest envelope manufacturer in North American and a growing provider of packaging and specialty products. The company operates 14 manufacturing facilities including 10 in Canada and 4 in the United States and employs over 900. The company’s vision is to be recognized as a dynamic employee-oriented organization creating revolutionary ways of providing exceptional service to support low-cost quality products. We are an organization defined by the passion of our team and their belief in the company growth and vast potential.
What we offer:
• We are an employee-centric organization that offers a truly differentiated talent experience aimed to empower employees
• We promote a fun, positive, dynamic, and collaborative work environment where employees are encouraged to share their ideas
• We foster a performance based culture with career advancement opportunities
• We offer a comprehensive compensation package beyond just base salary including, commissions and incentives, car allowance, Medical & Dental Plan, Disability Insurance, and a 401(k) Plan
• We will provide you with a career and work environment that will encourage you to be your best
We’re always looking for people who are enthusiastic and have energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. If this opportunity sounds like the perfect place to start a career with Supremex – apply now and send your resume to email@example.com
To learn more about Supremex, visit us at: www.supremex.com
Supremex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.