SupremeX Envelope Mid-West
5331 North Tacoma Ave
Indianapolis, IN, 46220-3616
Controller US Division
The Controller – US Division is a key member of the management team who directs the financial affairs of the region and participates in the strategic and process management of administration, sales, and operations. This position is responsible for all assigned regions’ financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, maintenance of fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. The Controller – US Division involves supervision over general accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting, and budgetary controls.
This position is based at the SupremeX MidWest location in Indianapolis, IN, supporting the US division with 4 locations in Indianapolis, IN, Depew, NY and Douglas, MA and approximately $43 million in revenue.
This position reports to the Corporate Accounting Services Manager located in Montreal, Canada but works closely with the divisional leadership teams to support and contribute to the regional business. This role will ultimately have two Financial Analysts as direct reports.
Accounting and Internal Control
• Oversee month-end closing process, prepare internal financial statements and reporting package
• Provide asset and P&L management
• Coordinate the year-end audit
• Oversee and coordinate annual physical inventory count
• Manage internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures ensuring efficiency and effectiveness.
• Prepare, analyze and present financial information for monthly, quarterly and annual reports in a precise and timely manner
• Keep Risk Control Matrix up to date and ensure compliance of critical controls
Budget and Business Performance
• Coordinate the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets
• Provide operational and strategic management of financial and analytical requirements
• Partner with operational departments to execute and monitor annual plan, business transformation and operational initiatives
• Analyze variance drivers; identify and develop initiatives in collaboration with operational areas to improve operating costs
• Collaborate with Operational departments to improve and control current processes
• Support new project and system implementation from a strategic finance and internal control perspective
• Identify opportunities and lead initiatives to improve Divisional finance processes by incorporating best in class practices
• Responsible for full management of the division’s accounting team, including hiring, development, support and retention
• Set goals and targets relating to the quality and productivity of the Divisional finance team
• Contribute and direct operational policy
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
• 10+ years progressive professional accounting experience with at least 5 years in a management/leadership role within a manufacturing and multicurrency environment (print or packaging related industry an asset, but not required)
• University degree in Business/Accounting
• Extensive experience and knowledge of all accounting cycle, financial reporting and analysis and budgeting
• Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms
• Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, State and local requirements regarding financial records is essential
• Exposure to transfer pricing an asset
• Experience working with an ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus)
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel (Power Query and Power Pivot an asset)
• Continuous improvement knowledge/experience an asset
• Must be willing to travel, as needed
• Strong general business management knowledge and expertise
• Results driven
• Common sense and logical approach
• Confident leadership with hands-on philosophy
• High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude showing passion, dedication and commitment
• Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
• Process oriented with effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in all areas of work
• Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work
• Effective communicator (both verbally and in writing) with well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
SupremeX is a leading North American manufacturer and marketer of envelopes and a growing provider of paper-based packaging solutions. SupremeX operates 12 facilities across seven provinces in Canada and four facilities in the United States employing approximately 810 people. Supremex’ growing footprint allows it to efficiently manufacture and distribute paper and packaging solutions designed to the specifications of major national and multinational corporations, resellers, government entities, SMEs and solutions providers.
Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic employee-oriented organization creating revolutionary ways of providing exceptional service to support quality products at the most efficient cost possible. We are an organization defined by the passion of our team and their belief in company growth and vast potential.
For more information, please visit www.supremex.com.