6600 McMillan Way
Richmond, British Columbia, V6W 1J7
Working in a team environment in production, the Printer is responsible for setting-up, operating, and maintaining a printing press. We operate Halm Jets – specific envelope printing presses. Predominantly two colour presses. We have one four colour press. Specific training will be provided on the machine. Printing knowledge is a must.
• Reviews dockets to determine job specifications
• Sets-up and makes adjustments to printing machines
• Completes quality check list and follows quality program
• Mounts plates and makes necessary adjustments
• Fills ink fountains and controls colour and viscosity
• Operates and monitors quality during print run and makes adjustments
• Packs & labels boxes and arranges finished product cartons on skids
• Removes and cleans plates and cylinders at end of press run
• Completes required paperwork
• Maintains a clean and safe working area (including general housekeeping)
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous Halm jet printing experience an asset.
• Previous printing experience is a requirement.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to differentiate all colors and mix inks.
• Ability to learn and willing to take on extra work to help others as necessary
• Ability to read and understand written instructions, as per docket
• Simple mathematical abilities
• Understand need for Health & Safety and being alert in manufacturing environment
• Punctual & good attendance
• Willing to work rotating shifts (we only operate a day shift in printing at the moment)
• Team player who is flexible with assigned duties and work overtime, as necessary
• Strong customer focus
• Enthusiastic, positive attitude and an overall spirit of cooperation