5300 Tomken Road
Mississauga, ON, L4W 1P2
Human Resources Business Partner
POSITION TITLE: HR Business Partner
REPORTS TO: Manager/Senior Manager, HR Business Partners
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager/Senior Manager, HR Business Partner team, the HR Business Partner (HRBP) works as part of the People & Culture team providing strategic HR solutions and services to defined client groups within SupremeX Canada, Central Region following the Centres of Excellence (COE) HRBP model. The HR Business Partner contributes to their internal client’s success by identifying, recommending and implementing client specific HR solutions that are aligned with business strategies. In addition the HR Business Partner is assigned corporate responsibilities within the People & Culture team.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Partner with assigned client group to translate business needs into integrated HR solutions
• Provide a full range of consultative and strategic services consistently, including employee relations, relationship management, performance management, resource planning, and employment accommodation
• Effectively builds relationships and acts as an HR advisor to the designated client group management team on strategic business projects
• Maintain awareness on emerging trends and best practices within client group and external environment to ensure alignment of business objectives to the people strategy
• Partner with leaders on developing short- and long-term people strategies and annual business planning process to ensure alignment to client groups strategic priorities
• Maintains Organizational Charts within respective client group on a monthly basis ensuring that they are accurately updated
• Provides policy interpretation and advice to enhance leader capability and to ensure adherence to Corporate HR policies, programs and standards
• Work with managers and employees to address issues of performance management, misconduct or conflict in accordance with the policies/practices of the company
• Directs and advises on the recruitment process in partnership with the Talent Acquisition team and collaborating with hiring managers to define job requirements and job postings in accordance with established recruitment processes.
• Assist and consult with Managers in support of the Performance Management program and performance issues.
• Support the Employee Relations team within Succession Planning Process, retirement planning and coordination of training opportunities
• Ensures Senior Manager, HR Business Partner team and VP, People & Culture as needed is kept advised of potentially escalating situations.
• In partnership with manager builds relationships with management to understand their business requirements
• Serves as liaison between the People & Culture team and other departments, as well as external organizations and agencies;
• Reports on Exit Interviews;
• Supports the Manager/Senior Manager, HRBP team with various administrative responsibilities and additional duties as required;
• Champions continuous improvement with respect to HR Services delivery;
• Provides information, oversight and guidance on workplace legislation as well as Human Resources policies, procedures and best practices.
• Provides information to respective clients and staff with respect to disability management, and headcount oversight and reporting.
• Provide ongoing HR support to the entire central region and works from and visits all sites on a regular basis. guidance and advice with respect to training initiatives.
• Participates in ongoing personal development and continuous learning by involvement in professional associations, networking, self-study and attending seminars, courses and workshops.
• Other duties as assigned.
POSITION PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 4 – 6 years of relevant, progressive business experience with a proven track record of delivering results.
• Post-Secondary education with a Human Resources focus, CHRP designation preferred.
• Proven Human Resources Business Partner background with emphasis on Employee Relations/Relationship Management.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully complete multiple concurrent high-priority projects.
• Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to maintain effectiveness during change.
• Ability to work in partnership with the organization to drive strategic business goals.
• Work experience in Manufacturing industry a definite asset.
• Current knowledge of employment law with practical experience in the application of the law.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Technically grounded in MS Word applications, Visio and familiarity with an HRIS application.
• Knowledge of Adobe a definite asset.
• A high level of individual initiative and ability to work with minimal direction.
• Strong knowledge of Employment Standards Act, and Human Rights Code and any other relevant legislation.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills.
• Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects and initiatives with a positive impact on results and objectives.
• A friendly professional demeanour with a roll up the sleeves attitude.
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with all members of the People & Culture team.
• Develops and maintains good working relationships within SupremeX North America team members as well as all other internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop, establish and maintain good working relationship with all suppliers, partners, consultants, stakeholders and other network contacts.
• Enjoys team building approach of management and division - shares results.
• Some travel
Supremex Inc., Canada’s largest envelope manufacturer and growing provider of packaging and specialty products. Our vision is to be recognized as diversity of dynamic employee-oriented organization creating revolutionary ways of providing exceptional service to support low-cost quality products. We are an organization defined by the passion of our team and their belief in the company’s growth and vast potential.
We’re always looking for people who are enthusiastic and have energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. If this opportunity sounds like the perfect place to start a career with Supremex – apply now and send your resume to Lynne.Church@supremex.com
To learn more about Supremex, visit us at: www.supremex.com
Supremex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.