400 Humberline Drive
Toronto, ON, M9W 5T3
Human Resources Coordinator
The HR Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the strategic administrative needs of the People & Culture team. Under the direction of the Vice President, People & Culture, this position provides support and guidance to the Human Resources function and will oversee the administration of a variety of employee lifecycle activities including but not limited to; recruitment, project management, employee development program administration and electronic employee file management, as well as provide administrative support as required.
This position is based at the Supremex Central Region Etobicoke, ON location,
This position reports to the VP of People & Culture and must work collaboratively with the HR team.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders; act as an informed first point of contact and provides support and guidance to department leaders and staff regarding general HR inquires
• Update and maintain all human resources files, applicable employee lists and IT help desk tickets, e.g. seniority lists, telephone/address changes, status changes, probationary lists, performance evaluation lists, and training lists
• Administors the internal HR shared drive and data base
• In support and collaboration of the VP of People & Culture , prepares Human Resources reports, creates and creates and manages Gantt Charts against various project deliverables. Works with and in support of the VP, People & Culture towards successful outcomes
• Manage the daily schedule of the VP of People & Culture and makes travel arrangements for the People & Culture team as required
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Power Point and Excel
Education and Experience:
• Successful completion of a college diploma in a related field from an accredited educational institution
• A minimum of two (2) years of relevant office administration experience, preferably in a Human Resources Department, overseeing a variety of complex processes within a non-union environment
• Certified Human Resources Professional preferred
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply Human Resources best practices, applicable legislation, policies and procedures
• Demonstrated proficiency with all aspects of Microsoft Office, with strong Excel and Powerpoint skills, in addition to strong word and outlook.
• Intermediate knowledge of Visio preferred
• Knowledge of an previous experience with an and human resources information systems (HRIS) is preferred
• Demonstrated aptitude in drafting and editing high quality and concise written communications; excellent research and documentation skills e.g. filing, data entry, etc.
• Must be discreet and demonstrate sound judgement, analytical ability, diplomacy and tact to deal effectively with all levels in the organization, especially when dealing with sensitive issues
• Robust organizational skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands and changing priorities while maintaining high degree of accuracy and customer service
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to clearly define and articulate requirements, priorities, impacts, and solutions
• Bi-lingual in English and French a definite asset.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift 15-25 pounds at times
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses required)
Supremex Inc., Canada’s largest envelope manufacturer and growing provider of packaging and specialty products. Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic employee-oriented organization creating revolutionary ways of providing exceptional service to support low-cost quality products. We are an organization defined by the passion of our team and their belief in the company’s growth and vast potential.
We’re always looking for people who are enthusiastic and have energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. If this opportunity sounds like the perfect place to start a career with Supremex – apply now and send your resume to Lynne.Church@supremex.com
To learn more about Supremex, visit us at: www.supremex.com
Supremex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.