7213 Cordner St
LaSalle, QC, H8N 2J7
Human Resources Manager
As a “hands-on” generalist, the Human Resources Manager is a key member of the management team who is responsible to proactively identify improvements, determine and implement strategies to align Human Resources programs and policies in support of overall business objectives. This role provides guidance and drives efficiency and effectiveness in all areas of human resources, including employee relations & engagement, recruitment, compensation, performance management, succession development planning & training, health & safety, and benefits administration. This role requires an individual who continually strives to understand how HR supports the business for bottom-line improvement. We are looking for someone who will thrive in directing all facets of HR and has a passion for manufacturing-based operations. Be prepared to bring ideas, innovation and experience to this role to make a difference each day.
This position is based at the SupremeX Envelope division in Lasalle, QC facility, supporting 2 facilities (Lasalle & Laval, QC), with a total of approximately 150 employees.
• Passionately assume ownership for all aspects of HR throughout the operations; serving as a supportive colleague to the Management Team and an employee advocate to foster a culture of transparency, collaboration, performance and respect
• Work with departmental managers to drive employee engagement initiatives that foster a positive work environment and morale
• Manage and coordinate key benefit programs (group insurance, pension plan, etc.) and educate employees
• Organize and conduct employee information meetings on employment policies and benefits and participate actively on various joint committees
• Serve as go-to resource for all employees to discuss all human resources related issues. Provide coaching and resources to employees and managers with respect to employee relations, staffing initiatives, performance management, compensation, and career development
• Manage and develop personnel policies and procedures, including the Employee Policy Manual and advise and assist other departmental managers on interpretation and administration of those policies and programs
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory compliance, as required by provincial and federal laws such as: Labour Standards, Occupational Health and Safety, workers compensation (CNESST), Pay Equity, etc.
• Maintain accurate records and files, including personnel records
• 5+ years of progressive experience in a Human Resources generalist role. Envelope, printing, folding carton, or other related industry experience a definite asset but not required.
• Bachelor's degree in HR, Business or related discipline
• Solid HR & employment law knowledge, including Labour Standards, Occupational Health and Safety, workers compensation (CNESST), Pay Equity, etc.
• Intermediate computer skills in MSOffice required. Knowledge of Desjardins payroll systems, an asset
• Fluently bi-lingual in English and French (oral and written)
• Strong employee relations orientation with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to support compensation, policy enforcement and conflict resolution discussions
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude showing passion, dedication and commitment
• Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed (3 shift operation)
• Attention to detail in all areas of work
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, strong conflict resolution, problem solving, and negotiation skills
Why you will love SupremeX
• Attractive compensation
• Company pension plan
• Employee profit sharing company
• Exceptional career potential
• Great group benefits
• Short and Long term disability
• Free parking
• Social activities organized by the company