Bowers Envelope - A Divison of Supremex Inc.
5331 North Tacoma Ave
Indianapolis, Indiana, 46220-3616
Under minimal supervision and guidance performs various skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the repair and maintenance of machinery, equipment and building issues. Assists in maintenance responsibilities as needed.
• Inspects, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs machinery, equipment and building issues.
• Dismantles machinery to gain access to and repair or replace defective parts.
• Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
• Performs electrical maintenance and repair work.
• Starts up devices to test their performance.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
• Keeps all tools and equipment in good condition.
• Prepares and maintains records on all maintenance activities.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
• Performs various skilled and semi-skilled duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 5-7 years of prior experience
• Ability to detect defects in equipment and to make proper repairs or adjustments
• Ability to read and interpret work from diagrams
• Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast paced production environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail a must
• The physical demands required while performing the duties of this job includes: required regularly to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, twist, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and an ability to adjust focus.
• This position requires operating maintenance and electrical equipment and tools.
• The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals and heat. Exposure to noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and requires hearing protection and safety shoes.
We offer a Competitive Salary!