SupremeX Envelope Mid-West
5331 North Tacoma Ave
Indianapolis, IN, 46220-3616
Responsible for setting priorities and coordinating activities and assignments. Responsible for the daily maintenance, repairs and upgrades to converting equipment and serve as a technical resource for production managers. Typically has previous supervisory experience. This is a Leadership Role.
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
• Oversee maintenance department
• Acts in Technical Advisor capacity
• Troubleshoots machines and equipment problems
• Schedules repairs, maintenance, and installation of machines & retrofits to ensure continuous operations
• Coordinates activities to modify machines, tools or equipment
• Develops and implements a preventive maintenance program in conjunction with the Plant Manger
• Report to Plant Manager any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known, while providing technical expertise regarding plant equipment and facilities. Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program and implement quality improvement and cost reduction ideas
• Contact and work with vendors and subcontractors to achieve desired results
• Maintains adequate inventories of spare parts and purchase materials, parts, and supplies as required
• Enforces company policies and procedures
• Ensures all documentation within department completed and maintained properly
• Participates in the management and implementation of Safety Programs
• Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required as needed
• Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve machine operations
• Works with Production to recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machine
• Sets and achieves departmental objectives to support overall organizational objectives
• Achieves departmental objectives to ensure consistent high quality results
• Other duties as assigned
• 5-7 years of prior experience
• Ability to detect defects in equipment and to make proper repairs or adjustments
• Ability to read and interpret work from diagrams
• Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast paced production environment
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail a must
• The physical demands required while performing the duties of this job includes: required regularly to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, twist, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and an ability to adjust focus
• This position requires operating maintenance and electrical equipment and tools
• The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals and heat
• Exposure to noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and requires hearing protection and safety shoes.
HEALTH & SAFETY REPSONSIBILITIES
• Participate in all training relevant to health and safety in the workplace.
• Follow all rules, procedures, safe work and hygiene practices, health and safety standards and use of personal protective equipment.
• Advise employees of the existence of any known hazards or potential danger to the worker's health and safety.
• Respond to and correcting identified/known unsafe/substandard acts and conditions.
• Inform the Employer and Safety Committee of any known and/or identified health and safety concerns.
• Take every precaution necessary in the circumstances for the protection of a worker.
• Co-operate with the Health & Safety Committee.
• Follow safety rules, procedures, and policies of Supremex
• Prioritize work based on production & customer requirements and plant objectives
• Stop any unsafe situation
• Recommend opportunities to change equipment, methods, processes, & procedures which can benefit the Company
• Recommend general policies and procedures
• Recommend capital expenditure
Employees must pass a drug screen check prior to starting.